Behaviour Support & Behaviours of Concern
Our team are specialised in providing tailored Counselling and Psychology Services within the disability sector. We also provide Positive Behaviour Support to be able to help people with challenging behaviours.
Our Behaviour Support Practitioners are registered with the NDIA and use evidence-based practices in their approach.
- Functional Behaviour Assessment
- Positive Behaviour Support Plans
- Review of restrictive interventions
- Individualised behaviour strategies
- Face to face intervention
- Team and family training
NDIS Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) is an evidenced-based intervention service that supports people with challenging behaviours, as well as their family members and support networks.
At Give a Care, we understand that sometimes people with disabilities respond to an environment or situation with challenging behaviours. Caring for someone who displays these behaviours can be difficult and distressing if there are no effective strategies to address and manage them.
Our NDIS Positive Behaviour Support service aims to reduce challenging behaviours by:
- understanding what the person is communicating through their behaviours
- increasing the person’s quality of life
- making changes in the environment
- teaching the person new skills
- helping families and support people with effective strategies to respond to the behaviours
Our PBS team is made up of multidisciplinary practitioners, which allows us to develop a holistic understanding of the person with challenging behaviours, and to develop creative and innovative Behaviour Support Plans.
We are deliver Positive Behaviour Support for NDIS participants across Melbourne.
This service is available to participants of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) who have positive behaviour support included in their funding package.
Need Behaviour Support Services?
Let us know what you need.
Our customer relationship will contact you ASAP.